Monday, January 25, 2010

Videos of the boys at home

Here are some videos of the boys doing their thing. Oliver is happier every day. He smiles a lot and enjoys time on the floor (perhaps this is because I finally finished his "boy" quilt). He's rolled over twice from tummy to back and has very interesting conversations with me that consist of all vowel sounds. He likes it when I sing to him or read him books. He is sleeping in a co-sleeper now, attached to our bed. He even takes two of his four naps a day in the little bed and two while I wear him in a sling or pack. This is much easier for me than all four naps in a sling. It also gives Solomon and I time together.


Solomon wants to do EVERYTHING that we are doing. He is very focused in his work. He loves shoveling snow on the driveway, cooking, sweeping, "cleaning up" and anything purposeful and methodical. He also likes anything that we like, feeding off of our enthusiasm. So, he now has his own skis and follows Baba's tracks. Sometimes, Baba puts him in the big backpack and cross country skis with him riding on top. Solomon watches tennis with me and periodically calls out, "Come on guys," or "Go Nadal". Today he asked to put on a Beatles record. Each of his sentences end with a tonal high, as if a question. So his serious of questions/statements went like this: "Solomon listen to music? Solomon put on record. Solomon listen to Beatles. Good Day Sunshine." I loved how he came closer and closer to what he wanted. Then he brought me Revolver and took the record out and handed it to me. He has good taste.

Baba has been home a good amount with the family. This is such a blessing. He is only working part time, which in itself is not a blessing. However, we enjoy being with him. And he is able to teach the boys things I never would. Such as air guitar. This is Oliver getting an air guitar lesson.






Solomon now understands that he is supposed to smile for a camera and wants me to take a picture of him smiling. He's so sweet, I can't resist.

The chunky Buddha boy.

Oliver hanging out in his Nantucket shirt from Justine and Annie and Sophie.

No comments: